Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

How do you use Simba Salesforce ODBC Driver for an Output

JM
6 - Meteoroid

I am trying to find out how to configure the Output Data tool to delete data directly from Salesforce using the Simba ODBC connection.  I am using this connection to pull data into Alteryx Designer which works as expected, but when I try to output the data as a delete job, it is not recognizing the configuration and is deleting all rows of data on the table within SFDC instead of the rows being passed into the input.  

In the Output data configuration, I specified that only one record should be deleted using a Pre Create SQL Statement 'DELETE FROM [Table Name] WHERE [Id = '#####']'.  When I run the job though, the deletion was started in SFDC, but all records on the table were being deleted instead of the single record.

Does anyone have any experience configuring the output for a Salesforce connection?  Any advice?

1 REPLY 1
chatzg
6 - Meteoroid

I think that if you have selected delete&append as your write output mode then ,after your pre-SQL statement executes it will also begin Deleting and appending which will result into all records being deleted. A consideration would be to set it to Append Existing and use pre-SQL as you do.

Labels