Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

How do show my output in the gallery after workflow execution?

adm510
11 - Bolide

Hi all,

I have a small workflow that I want to be able to show the output of in the gallery.  I tried outputting to a CSV and got an message saying "The workflow produced no output" which is incorrect.  I searched the community and someone mentioned using a render tool.  I tried using that, but I'm still getting the same message, is there a way to display the output in the gallery?

Thanks.

5 REPLIES 5
MarqueeCrew
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

try rendering it to .pcxml as the output file 

e.g. (output.pcxml)

Thanks,

Mark

Alteryx ACE & Top Community Contributor

Chaos reigns within. Repent, reflect and restart. Order shall return.
Please Subscribe to my youTube channel.
patrick_digan
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

@adm510 to add to @MarqueeCrew's answer, I've attached a ppt we gave to our user group a little while ago. Output from the gallery is on slide 6 and the last bullet of slide 7.

tl;dr 

For the output to display in the gallery, you must save it to 
1) a relative file (file.csv>recommended)
2) to the workflow directory (%Engine.WorkflowDirectory%file.csv>not necessarily recommended)
3) package it (P:\file.csv can be packaged when saving the workflow to the gallery and will then display>recommended).
danial_j
8 - Asteroid

Hi @MarqueeCrew@patrick_digan  , do you have an idea how could I preview intermediate results in the chained apps?

Yuli_G
5 - Atom

Thanks for your respond! Very helpful!

nihar21
5 - Atom

I tried that but it is showing that no valid data field, can you provide guidance on how to face this?

Labels