Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Get all numbers between two fields

johnd2202
7 - Meteor

Hi Everyone,

I'm trying to figure out the best way to get all of the numbers between two fields. I know this sounds confusing, but I don't know the best way to describe how to get my desired result, so see below for an example.

Current Data Structure

Column 1Column 2

Desired Data Structure

New_Column 1New_Column 2New_Column 3New_Column 4New_Column 5New_Column 6

I'm probably way overthinking this, but it has been bugging me to no end! Thanks in advance!

John

6 REPLIES 6
LordNeilLord
15 - Aurora
Hey @johnd2202

Have a look at the generate rows tool..
This will give you all the values and then you'll need to crosstab the results to get the columns in order you want :)

Neil
j_acon
9 - Comet

Not sure if i understood,

But look at the attached workflow

johnd2202
7 - Meteor

I'm such an **bleep**! lol. I have been using Alteryx for quite a long time and never had this scenario pop up before so I never even thought twice about the generate rows tool. Thank you for the quick response! Your explanation of an already existing solution saved me from writing overly complex formulas in the formula tool.

johnd2202
7 - Meteor

j_acon,

@LordNeilLord answered my stupid question. I was simply trying to get the increments between two numbers in different fields and, based on his suggestion, the generate rows tool was exactly what I needed. Thank you though!

j_acon
9 - Comet

No worries, he beat me to it. Is the same answer though. :D Cheers

haroon_sa
10 - Fireball

Hi @johnd2202

i'd attached my file as like @j_acon solution,but i'd done it for single rows as like your input.

Thanks

Haroon.

Labels