Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Fuzzy Match with Descriptions

muddobber26
8 - Asteroid

Hello - I am trying to use the fuzzy match tool to consolidate a high number of "Part Descriptions" (string field with words, numbers and characters) into a consolidated list of descriptions. I have been struggling with the fuzzy match tool in terms of the configuration to do something like this. Does anyone have any ideas? Example below. I would like those 4 records to become 2 records "Machined Casting" and "Pipe Plug"

Part Description
SST Machined Casting
CS Machined Casting
4" Pipe Plug
Pipe Plug 6"
4 REPLIES 4
Felipe_Ribeir0
16 - Nebula

Hi @muddobber26 

One way of doing this (adapted of this great use case btw, i am using this as reference a lot for fuzzy matches: https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Use-Cases/Fuzzy-Match-Check-Row-by-Row/ta-p/270809):

Felipe_Ribeir0_1-1669746280088.png

This creates the 2 rows with the % of matching, about creating the categories "Machine Casting" and "Pipe Plug" automatically, this is another problem 😅

muddobber26
8 - Asteroid

Thank you. Is there anything we could add to the end in order to output the common words? Ideally my output would be a list of the distilled common descriptions.

Felipe_Ribeir0
16 - Nebula

Hi @muddobber26 

Try this:

Felipe_Ribeir0_0-1669747173392.png

muddobber26
8 - Asteroid

Thanks!

Labels