Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Fuzzy Match with Descriptions

muddobber26
8 - Asteroid

Hello - I am trying to use the fuzzy match tool to consolidate a high number of "Part Descriptions" (string field with words, numbers and characters) into a consolidated list of descriptions. I have been struggling with the fuzzy match tool in terms of the configuration to do something like this. Does anyone have any ideas? Example below. I would like those 4 records to become 2 records "Machined Casting" and "Pipe Plug"

Part Description
SST Machined Casting
CS Machined Casting
4" Pipe Plug
Pipe Plug 6"
4 REPLIES 4
Felipe_Ribeir0
16 - Nebula

Hi @muddobber26 

One way of doing this (adapted of this great use case btw, i am using this as reference a lot for fuzzy matches: https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Use-Cases/Fuzzy-Match-Check-Row-by-Row/ta-p/270809):

Felipe_Ribeir0_1-1669746280088.png

This creates the 2 rows with the % of matching, about creating the categories "Machine Casting" and "Pipe Plug" automatically, this is another problem 😅

muddobber26
8 - Asteroid

Thank you. Is there anything we could add to the end in order to output the common words? Ideally my output would be a list of the distilled common descriptions.

Felipe_Ribeir0
16 - Nebula

Hi @muddobber26 

Try this:

Felipe_Ribeir0_0-1669747173392.png

muddobber26
8 - Asteroid

Thanks!

Labels