Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

File Browser Replace String not working for Excel files

Tej_Singh
8 - Asteroid

Hi

I am using File Browser for taking excel file and worksheet input from user and running my workflow as an app in Alteryx 2019.3.6 Designer. On executing it as an Analytical App and providing input for File Browser it is getting executed without any errors but it is not taking the data of new excel file provided as input while running the workflow. It is still taking the old file path and excel file which is mentioned in the input file

File path in file Browser configuration: Y:\IFRS9 rec\IFRS9\Round 1\Additional_Input_Data.xlsx|||'Static$' 

File path given as input wile executing it as an Alteryx App:

Y:\IFRS9 rec\IFRS9\Dec20\Input\Additional_Input_Data - Copy.xlsx|||'Static$'

After execution it is still taking the file from "File path in file Browser configuration" and not the one provided as input

This is the issue with all File Browser that is taking excel (.xlsx) file path.  Attach is the File Browser configuration in my workflow. It is working fine for .csv File Browser. Any thoughts?

2 REPLIES 2
messi007
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

@Tej_Singh,

Have you tried to update the selection option type?

Please try to Update Input data tool

messi007_0-1619430411483.png

Let me know if you still have the error.

Regards

Tej_Singh
8 - Asteroid

Thanks @messi007 . 🙂 This did work. However; I have another scenario. Will post a separate issue for the same.

Labels