Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

File Browse - No sheet specified

CoolDude53
5 - Atom

Hi there,

I made a functioning workflow using a similar methodology to what's giving me a problem now. I tried recreating this for a different use case, and for some reason when selecting a file it doesn't update the Input Data with a sheet. I have a sheet selected in the Input Data's config; however, when running as an app and selecting a file, it fails with this error: "Error - ToolId 14: No sheet specified, you must specify a sheet" (with ToolId 14 being the Input Data shown).

Would love some suggestions, as I've had this working before and it still works in my other workflow.

Thanks!

snip.PNGsnip2.PNG

3 REPLIES 3
Jonathan-Sherman
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

The issue is more than likely with your action tool, are you actually replacing the file path of the input tool? Can you post a picture of how you've configured it, or even better attach the workflow please?

Regards,
Jonathan

Jonathan-Sherman
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

When creating this sort of workflow you need to ensure the action tool is set up in the same way as below:

(1) "Select Action Type" = Update Value

(2) "Value Or Attribute To Update" = File

(3) "Replace A Specific String" = Checked

(4) Do not change the bottom text box, leave filled as the full file path 

image.png

If this solves your issue please mark the answer as correct, if not let me know!

Regards,

Jonathan

CoolDude53
5 - Atom

Thanks Jonathan—that did the trick.

Weird how I got the action tool to work with just "Update Data Input Tool" in my previous workflow.

Jake

Labels