Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Fields not displaying in tools until I run

ck2019
9 - Comet

Odd situation where tools will not show the output of the prior field until I click run - usually if I drag a tool on you'd be able to configure it etc, but i can't do it until it runs and is fed data...anyone know what is causing this? I'm on the latest version so not sure if that has something to do with it...

With big processes having to run each time to configure the next tool in the chain is a pain in the bum!!

4 REPLIES 4
Qiu
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@ck2019 
Kindly check if you have accidently check the "Diable Auto Configuration" option.

AutoConfig.png

Emil_Kos
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @ck2019,

I think this can also happen if you are using dynamic rename somewhere in the canvas. 

ck2019
9 - Comet

Thank you both. It was indeed an incorrect selection of the disable auto configuration!

leonhekkert
8 - Asteroid

@Emil_Kos, I'm currently experiencing this issue, while disable auto configure is not checked. I am using multiple dynamic renames earlier on in the workflow.

Since you said this can be a cause, do you also know a solution? As its pretty annoying to keep running the workflow everytime I add a new tool or reconfigure a tool further on in the workflow.

Labels