Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Execute Different SQL Based on Day of Week

sdpeacock
7 - Meteor

Alteryx pros, I need some help and I hope that you can point me in the right direction.

Problem: I have have two separate SQL statements that connect to the same data sources but contain different columns, etc and return different results. If it's Monday then i need SQL#1 to run; however, if its Tue-Fri then I need SQL#2 to run.

I know that I could break this up into 2 workflows and set each on a schedule related to its respective day in Gallery but I wanted to see if this could be done in a single flow so I didn't have to worry about managing separate flows.

I appreciate any suggestions.

Thank you! 

5 REPLIES 5
atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @sdpeacock ,

Here is a pointer what you can do.

atcodedog05_0-1601578277108.png

You can use DateTimeNow to get current datetime later get the weekday number.

Later redirect to different flows using Filter tool.

Hope this helps : )

If this post helps you please mark it as solution. And give a like if you dont mind : )

Harbinger
9 - Comet

I would leverage the dynamic input and update the columns to pull from SQL based on the day of the week.

Here is what it would look like with a dynamic input tool! you'll need to configure the input data source template to the following format: SELECT COLUMNSTOREPLACE FROM theTableYoureQuerying WHERE yourconditions. 

sdpeacock
7 - Meteor

Thank you very much! I ended up using this logic in my workflow. Works like a charm! 👍

Harbinger
9 - Comet

@sdpeacock happy to help; that's a fun one!

MNewt9
7 - Meteor

Hello,

I have a very similar ask, I think.  I do want to use the server option and will be scheduling it to run each Monday morning for the prior week (Sunday to Saturday).  However, I want to be able to manually kick off the same WF on the server in the event we get asked to refresh the prior week on say a Wednesday, Friday, etc and still pull the full prior week of data.

I.e. Today is Wednesday so pull the a.PKUP_DT >= TODAY-10 and a.PKUP_DT< TODAY - 3 ELSEIF Today is Friday so pull the a.PKUP_DT >= TODAY-12 and a.PKUP_DT< TODAY - 5 and so on.

Labels