Alteryx designer Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer.
Announcement | We'll be doing maintenance during the next 2-3 hours, which may impact your experience. Thanks for your patience as we work on improving the community!

Error in Python Write - No Valid Metadata for the outgoing connection

Highlighted
Atom

Hello,

I am using the python node and writing the code output to anchor 1.Success Message after running Python CodeSuccess Message after running Python Code

However, even though the python code is being executed successfully, I am unable to pass that output table to another node. Can someone point out where I might be going wrong here?
Error After Running the workflowError After Running the workflow 
Attaching the workflow for reference. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks and regards,
Arushi Kumar
Highlighted
Alteryx Certified Partner
Alteryx Certified Partner

Hi @ArushiK

Could you please post your whole code with the workflow?

Are you using any incoming datastream?

Cheers,

Highlighted
Atom

Hi @Thableaus

I am not using any incoming stream.

This is basically the starting point of the workflow. I was using Spyder earlier for this, taking the output in a CSV and then using that as the starting point of the workflow, however was interested in using the python node and do everything at one place. Just need to stream data from the anchor to another node. 

Thanks!

Highlighted
Atom

Any news or solution here?  I get this same error.  Works fine when I run the workflow on my desktop, then when I try to load it to our Server gallery I get this message "There is no valid metadata..."  On the server side when I run the workflow the Python does not write output and breaks.  I'm on 2018.4

Highlighted
Atom

When I ran into this (an earlier version of alteryx) i just turned off validation when I published to the server and the program ran fine.  It's super annoying because I hate errors, but whatever, I got the expected output.

With that said, I think it might have to do with not referencing the input.

Highlighted
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi guys,

a bit late to the club here but the following should help.

just include this if you are streaming #1 to your Python Code tool.

Alteryx.readMetadata("#1")   #Read metadata from connection #1

David Matyas
Sales Engineer
Alteryx
Labels