community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alteryx designer Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer.
Announcement | We'll be doing maintenance between 9am-11am MT on Saturday, January 25th, which may impact your experience. Thanks for your patience as we work on improving the community!

Error SQLExtendedFetch: [Microsoft][SQL Server Native Client 11.0]

Atom

Hi guys,

can anybody please help me with this error:

Error SQLExtendedFetch: [Microsoft][SQL Server Native Client 11.0]

I'm not too sure where I am going wrong connecting to my data and can't find any solution previously discussed.

Thank you,

Rob

Alteryx
Alteryx

@RHT2401 What is the full error? Can you elaborate the issue in more detail. Does this error come up when you are trying to connect or when you are trying to run the SQL statement? Are you using In-DB tools or just the regular input tool? 

Digan
Alteryx
Alteryx Partner

I'm also having this issue. It appears to be happening on the datastream out tool and is hit or miss, as in it happens sometime and other time not. so yes, using in-db connections.

The full message is

Error: Data Stream Out (262): Error SQLExtendedFetch: [Microsoft][SQL Server Native Client 11.0]Error in row[Microsoft][SQL Server Native Client 11.0][SQL Server]Transaction (Process ID 55) was deadlocked on lock resources with another process and has been chosen as the deadlock victim. Rerun the transaction.

Any thoughts on how to resolve this?

Asteroid

Also seeing this issue occur using 2018.4.

Tool #123 Error SQLExecute: [Microsoft][SQL Server Native Client 11.0][SQL Server]Transaction (Process ID 71) was deadlocked on lock | communication buffer resources with another process and has been chosen as the deadlock victim. Rerun the transaction.

Occured on data stream out tool 123

Hit or miss.  Happened in the scheduler when it was supposed to run.  Manually run it the next day and it runs fine.

Any resolution?

Alteryx Partner
Voska,

I have found that it’s most likely due to resources in the sql server it’s running on. I’ve seen this happen in my desktop too and most of it cleared when I emptied the hard drive off old files that were just consuming space. It could also be other jobs running on the sql server your data source is pulling from too. I’d do what I can to optimize these and see if you still have this error message.

Wale

Get Outlook for iOS
Labels