Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Data Validation

vijaylnyadav
8 - Asteroid

I want to take multiple input(say 6 excel files) and do validation on the overall based on some validation rule and on the other hand i want to do some other validation on an individual excel files.

so I want to take all the excel files as a single input using wild card and do overall validation and some other validation on an individual files using the same input files and do segregation.

have any idea or solutions it will be a great help.

2 REPLIES 2
MikeLR
8 - Asteroid

Hi

Here's a great post to explain the different ways of importing multiple files that should get you started:

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Knowledge-Base/The-Ultimate-Input-Data-Flowchart/t...

Make sure you use the "Output File Name as Field" option

Then you can build some validations on the combined input and also use the FileName field to split into separate validations for the different input files.

Cheers

Mike

MikeLR
8 - Asteroid

Sorry, that was the wrong link. I have updated it now 👍

Labels