Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Creating multiple pdf files with render tool

CaoimheC
6 - Meteoroid

Hi, 

I'm trying to create multiple pdf. files with data coming from excel files and the layout which I have put in the report text tool.

It is currently producing a pdf and is working but only for one. 

The excel master file is before this and it finds and replaces gaps within the report text tool: clipboard_image_0.png

However it only picks up one of the excel lines and creates one of these. I have tried a macro and batch macro but neither have worked either. 

6 REPLIES 6
CharlieS
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

The Render tool has the same capability of the Output tool to use an input field to modify the output filepath. This "Group Data Into Separate Reports" feature can be used to create multiple file outputs. 

Use a Formula tool to write the file output string ahead of time to make this feature work for you. If you have sample data/workflow, share it and I'm sure the Community can build an example for you. 

Inactive User
Not applicable

Can the render tool create batch reports? would you happen to have an example of this? 

Does the render tool give me batch reports, or would the render tool not batch PDFs? 

Qiu
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@Inactive User 

As mentioned by @CharlieS  use "Group Data Into Separate Reports" to produce multiple PDFs.

And the Example from the Render Tool itself is very informative.

Capture1.PNG

Inactive User
Not applicable

Thanks, however trying to understand why render is only giving one sort of output (e.g., PDF) in this example above? What can be done for automating this in an app?

CharlieS
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

If you'd like to Render files of different types (PDF, Excel, Composer, etc) then I would recommend configuring a Render tool for each file format. If there are multiple files per format, then each Render tool can create those file using the file name methods mentioned above. 

Paresh1pandya
7 - Meteor

Hi,

I have created Invoice through Alteryx Render Tool which is on first page now

I want to add Disclaimer on second page (pdf) , I am able to generate two different output till now. How do I merge both the data. Invoice on first page and Disclaimer on second page in the same pdf output.

Appreciate your guidance.

Labels