Alteryx Designer Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer.
Don't forget to submit your entry for the Excellence Awards by October 30! | Need more information about the program? Check out the blog here

Count Record macro

Highlighted
Alteryx Partner

For some reason, I am missing the default file input for the Count Records macro (ca_zips.yxdb). Is there somewhere I can download that? If not, how can I recreate it?

Highlighted
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi Mike,

What version of Alteryx are you using?

Thank you.

Dan Chapman
Program Manager, Customer Support
New to the community? Get started here.
Highlighted
Alteryx Partner

11.0.6. That macro has the input file set as W:\_Work\ca_zips.ca. This shows as an error in any app that uses that macro and I can't run it. I also can't seem to change it. I used to have 10.5 but upgraded recently.

Highlighted
Alteryx
Alteryx

Thanks, @mike_weaver. When I open that macro, I get the same error. However, the Count Records tool itself does not error when placed on the canvas or when used in a workflow. That file is simply a template for the data coming into the macro. Is the macro erroring for you when used as a tool? If so, can you provide a screenshot?

Thanks again.

Dan Chapman
Program Manager, Customer Support
New to the community? Get started here.
Highlighted
8 - Asteroid

Hi @DanC (or anyone else),

Sorry for bringing up this old discussion, but I have the same issue.

Whenever I import or export a workflow package with a count records in it, it gives me that error.

There's no error when running the macro, it's just an error message when opening or saving the workflow.

missing.PNG

Highlighted
Alteryx Certified Partner

This is also a challenge when you want to change dependencies from absolute to relative, still that path to W: drive remains and is very confusing for users. Has there been any fix in that?

Highlighted
9 - Comet

The macro as built by Alteryx has not been fixed, but there is a workaround that you can do to fix it on your end. 

1. Open the Count Records macro. 

Maskell_Rascal_0-1582643698953.png

2. In the macro, select the macro input tool and change the Template Input from File Input to Text Input. Then select Edit Data and create the column "Field1". 

Maskell_Rascal_1-1582643866287.png

3. Save this version over the current Count Records macro on your computer. The path will be one of the two listed below depending on your version of Alteryx.

Admin Version: C:\Program Files\Alteryx\bin\RuntimeData\Macros

Non-Admin Verions: C:\Users\[Your User Profile]\AppData\Local\Alteryx\bin\RuntimeData\Macros 

Finally, please note that you may receive an error message when saving stating that access to the path is denied. This is common in the Admin Version even if you have admin rights on your computer. To get around this, first save it to your desktop and then move it to the path listed above. This will prompt your admin credentials and allow you to overwrite the file. 

While this workaround is not ideal, it does prevent packaged workflows from prompting the error. 

Labels