Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Copying data from one sheet to another

svyas
5 - Atom

Hi, 

I am new to alteryx. I have an excel sheet(sheet 1) wherein the data in updated automatically everyday and some of the old data is deleted. I want to automate the data transfer from Sheet 1 to Sheet 2 without deleting the old data in Sheet 2. I have tried to use Append but it keeps adding duplicate data. I have also tried unique and overwrite which deletes the old data. Help is appreciated.

-Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
ShankerV
17 - Castor

Hi @svyas 

Any possibility to share the input and expected output please.

That will give better clarity how the output is expected in sheet 2 when sheet 1 data changes.

svyas
5 - Atom

Hi Shanker,

The output in sheet 2 is supposed to be similar to sheet 1. It's just that I am able to copy  the data from sheet 1 to 2. But when the old data is deleted in sheet 1. Same old data also gets deleted in my sheet 2. 

Thank you for your response!

binuacs
20 - Arcturus

@svyas One way of doing this, is first read both your new Sheet1 data and existing Sheet2 data, union then write into Sheet2

binuacs_0-1674597036574.png

svyas
5 - Atom

Hi @binuacs,

This works! Thank you so much!

Labels