Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Condition Interface Tool not working when through Gallery Scheduler, but works manually

zaslam
5 - Atom

Hello. I have a workflow that I need to run only hourly on specific days of the week. The Alteryx Gallery Scheduler does not support my need, so I am utilizing the Condition Interface tool to identify the day of the week, and enable a container when tool condition is met. I have tested the workflow on my company's Alteryx Gallery running manually validating the expected output. But the odd part is when I run the exact same workflow based on a schedule, it is not working. The container is not enabling and generating an output even when the condition is met.

Attached is a sample workflow that outlines my overall need and what I am trying to do. 

Hopefully I am overlooking something very simple that someone can point out. 

Note: Our company currently supports v2020.2

2 REPLIES 2
jrgo
14 - Magnetar

Hi @zaslam 

Reason why it doesn't work when it's started from the scheduler is because schedule jobs run the workflow as a standard workflow and completely ignores interface tools because the app wizard was never initialized. Basically, it's as if you had the workflow open in Designer and just hit the Run button. Interface tools are ignored.

Your best option would be to integrate your conditions into a Filter. When the condition is not true, filter all the records out.

zaslam
5 - Atom

Hi @jrgo thanks you for the details, it was helpful in understanding the issue. The suggested option unfortunately will not work because there are many data inputs being sourced from DBs and sharepoint. I need to prevent the entire workflow from running at all on designated days. 

@JosephSerpis suggested to convert the workflow to a macro, and then place the workflow containing the macro on the gallery with the same schedule. With the Actions tools  inside the macro they will fire off when the gallery schedule kicks off. This did the trick. 

Labels