Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Concat flat/ unorganized txt file.

rvandel3
8 - Asteroid

I have been working with a person @wwatson that has been very helpful. https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer/Need-to-organize-noin-delimited-no-header-flat-txt...

I did not give this person all the info involved in my data for them to be able to 100% help me. They have helped me concat my data using a multirow formula.

if contains([Field_1],"-") then [Row-1:block]
elseif contains([Row-1:Field_1],"-") then [Row-1:block]+1
else [Row-1:block] endif

We'll this gets me 50% of my data correct , but the other 50% spans more rows than what the initial does , I believe we need to compensate for this 

My amateur thinking
If this contains AND this contains then this 

Else  if this 
or other way around? Not sure very new to this and what multi row expects but we will see.

3 REPLIES 3
wwatson
12 - Quasar

See enclosed workflow. A slightly different approach.

wwatson_0-1594739860020.png

TerryT
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Another different approach.  Parsing everything into Name/Value pairs and then letting Cross Tab do the work:

TerryT_0-1594751084777.png

TerryT_1-1594751132898.png

rvandel3
8 - Asteroid

I've literally been in meetings all day. I will try out both solutions in the AM

I thank both of you !

Labels