Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Combining Multiple Inventory Reports into One Master Report

Chad_Cox
7 - Meteor

I'm stumped on why my workflow is not giving me the desired output.  I have multiple inventories from random days.  I want the output to be a master inventory list with only unique items and the a count of when each unique item was in-stock.  I cut back on the files feeding the workflow due to upload limits here, but when you run the attached it begins to show what happens to the dates that fall further away from the first date column.  The number of occurrences are calculating less and less.  For example, on this workflow "2022_06_03" should have 641 occurrences but the result is only 288.

Here is what the full output looks like and where the counts are off:

Chad_Cox_0-1666208761601.png

2 REPLIES 2
DanM
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team

@Chad_Cox

Couple of things. One reason why you are more than likely having issues bringing in your files is due to the amount of Input tools you are using. I would check out in the Tool Mastery articles the Dynamic Input tool or look at building a macro that brings in all the files at once. 

To troubleshoot: Make sure all the data is coming through your Union tool. If all the records are there then you have all the data combined. If they are not all coming through the Union tool, then you have an issue with the data and need to do more investigation. It could be that you have different schema in your spreadsheets. If all the data is combined and you are still running into the issue then look at the unique tool and how you have that setup. Those are the only two tools that will drop data in. your workflow.

Chad_Cox
7 - Meteor

I see my mistake occurs after the Unique function.  I have to go back and count the occurrences for each date before I filter out the unique occurrences.

Labels