Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Batch Macro Query

pdave87
11 - Bolide

Hi all SMEs,

Quick question:

I'm in process of learning batch macros. I created a very small sample sales data for my learning with two inputs.

1. Product orders - product + date + quantity

2. Product pricing - product + price

Batch macro provides output - product + price + order total. I have my desired output as order total however, I want to add the date and quantity ordered in the output which is where I am stuck. Input and macro is attached for reference. 

pdave87_0-1634552982420.pngpdave87_1-1634553003156.png

12 REPLIES 12
pdave87
11 - Bolide

@DawnDuong you are a superb magician. Thanks! and my back is almost crushed while I type this message.

DawnDuong
13 - Pulsar
13 - Pulsar

You are welcome. 

Actually in this instance you do not need to use Batch macro to solve - but that's beside the point i guess, coz the main objective is to practice batch macro. 

Batch macro is super useful - one of the most commonly used feature of Alteryx for me in Finance & Accounting applications.

Cheers.

pdave87
11 - Bolide

@DawnDuong noted. I am going to sit tomorrow and explore better scenarios. I did thought these are not most relevant but you are right - I was just creating small steps before I can look into proper use cases. I need to learn and appear for advanced exam quickly my license period is also very less to practice and cover everything on time. Thanks for quick support. I'm signing off for today.

Labels