Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Azure Data Lake Input Traceback error

LasseBK
5 - Atom

I'm trying to connect to a csv-file in a Azure container. It seems to work find to connect as it finds the csv-file, which I can chose. But then I get this traceback error. Anyone who knows what to do?

LasseBK_0-1613573993416.pngLasseBK_1-1613574008081.png

10 REPLIES 10
TrevorS
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hello @LasseBK 

Can you please provide the full error message in text so that we can review it further?
Thanks!
TrevorS

Community Moderator
ArtApa
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @LasseBK - Also, please make sure that you use the latest version of the Azure Connector. You may download it here: https://gallery.alteryx.com/#!app/Azure-Data-Lake-Tools/5b1fffbd8a93371030bcfedc 

LasseBK
5 - Atom

Error: Azure Data Lake File Input (4): Traceback (most recent call last):
File "adl_input_engine.py", line 1, in <module>
File "C:\Users\lbkr\AppData\Roaming\Alteryx\Engine/../Tools\azure_data_lake_input_v2.0.0\AyxProxySession.py", line 4, in <module>
import requests
ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'requests'

TrevorS
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hello @LasseBK 

I apologize for the delayed response!

In the error message, this is stated:

File "C:\Users\lbkr\AppData\Roaming\Alteryx\Engine/../Tools\azure_data_lake_input_v2.0.0\AyxProxySession.py", line 4, in <module>
import requests
ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'requests'

It looks like you may be missing part of your Azure data lake input tools. As @ArtApa  recommended, I would make sure you are on the most recent version of the Azure connector, and see if updating resolves the error.

If you are still having trouble please reply back with an updated error message!

Thanks,

TrevorS

Community Moderator
Jensdanerhall86
5 - Atom

Hi, I have a similar issue with the v.2.0.0. 

(i have tried to delete and re-download the Data lake connector)

I get the following error message after i first login to the storage account and choose the file (have tried with connecting to both csv's and Json files.) 

Error: Azure Data Lake File Input (2): Traceback (most recent call last):  File "adl_input_engine.py", line 7, in <module>  File "C:\Users\...\AppData\Roaming\Alteryx\Engine/../Tools\azure_data_lake_input_v2.0.0\Lib\site-packages\azure\datalake\store\__init__.py", line 11, in <module>    from .core import AzureDLFileSystem  File "C:\Users\...\AppData\Roaming\Alteryx\Engine/../Tools\azure_data_lake_input_v2.0.0\Lib\site-packages\azure\datalake\store\core.py", line 28, in <module>    from .lib import DatalakeRESTInterface  File "C:\Users\...\AppData\Roaming\Alteryx\Engine/../Tools\azure_data_lake_input_v2.0.0\Lib\site-packages\azure\datalake\store\lib.py", line 32, in <module>    import adal  File "C:\Users\....\AppData\Roaming\Alteryx\Engine/../Tools\azure_data_lake_input_v2.0.0\Lib\site-packages\adal\__init__.py", line 34, in <module>    from .authentication_context import AuthenticationContext  File "C:\Users\...\AppData\Roaming\Alteryx\Engine/../Tools\azure_data_lake_input_v2.0.0\Lib\site-packages\adal\authentication_context.py", line 34, in <module>    from .token_request import TokenRequest  File "C:\Users\...\AppData\Roaming\Alteryx\Engine/../Tools\azure_data_lake_input_v2.0.0\Lib\site-packages\adal\token_request.py", line 34, in <module>    from . import self_signed_jwt  File "C:\Users\...\AppData\Roaming\Alteryx\Engine/../Tools\azure_data_lake_input_v2.0.0\Lib\site-packages\adal\self_signed_jwt.py", line 35, in <module>    import jwt  File "C:\Users\...\AppData\Roaming\Alteryx\Engine/../Tools\azure_data_lake_input_v2.0.0\Lib\site-packages\jwt\__init__.py", line 1, in <module>    from .api_jwk import PyJWK, PyJWKSet  File "C:\Users\....\AppData\Roaming\Alteryx\Engine/../Tools\azure_data_lake_input_v2.0.0\Lib\site-packages\jwt\api_jwk.py", line 3, in <module>    from .algorithms import get_default_algorithms  File "C:\Users\... \AppData\Roaming\Alteryx\Engine/../Tools\azure_data_lake_input_v2.0.0\Lib\site-packages\jwt\algorithms.py", line 6, in <module>    from .utils import (  File "C:\Users\....\AppData\Roaming\Alteryx\Engine/../Tools\azure_data_lake_input_v2.0.0\Lib\site-packages\jwt\utils.py", line 6, in <module>    from cryptography.hazmat.primitives.asymmetric.ec import EllipticCurve  File "C:\Users\....\AppData\Roaming\Alteryx\Engine/../Tools\azure_data_lake_input_v2.0.0\Lib\site-packages\cryptography\hazmat\primitives\asymmetric\ec.py", line 15, in <module>    from cryptography.hazmat.primitives.asymmetric import (  File "C:\Users\...\AppData\Roaming\Alteryx\Engine/../Tools\azure_data_lake_input_v2.0.0\Lib\site-packages\cryptography\hazmat\primitives\asymmetric\utils.py", line 6, in <module>    from cryptography.hazmat.bindings._rust import asn1ImportError: DLL load failed while importing _rust: The specified module could not be found.

In the past the tool and connection have work, I needed to re-install my computer and after that I started to get this issue. I have tried to use the latest version v.2.0.1 as well, but there I get an error with "missing token" (apperently there is an issue with the connection credentials for the latest version)

Anyone have any idea how to resolve my issue?

/ J

elinvangbo
6 - Meteoroid

Any updates on this? I have the same issue, old version not working due to this error, new version of tool not working because of authentication error in the latest version of the tool. 

ivalle
5 - Atom

Hi Guys,

I've opened a case in Alteryx Support and I'm waiting for a solution too.

Thanks.

adp1
5 - Atom

Whats the update on this? @TrevorS 

VamseeKM
5 - Atom

I faced a similar issue and the error message is somewhat vague in my experience. What fixed for me (with version 2021.3.2) was just to reduce the overall memory (RAM) required for the activities involved in the Alteryx pipeline.

So, please check if below steps help resolve the issue:
1. Remove every other activity from the Alteryx Workflow window other than this particular activity which is of immediate concern

2. Running the Alteryx workflow a higher RAM system.

Labels