Inspire EMEA 2022 On-Demand is live! Watch now, and be sure to save the date for Inspire 2023 in Las Vegas next May.

Alteryx Designer Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer and Intelligence Suite.

Azure Blob Storage REST API - Alteryx silently added header Transfer-Encoding:chunked

Hiblet
8 - Asteroid

I was tasked with uploading a file to Azure Blob storage using SharedKey authentication. 

This involves making a REST API call using the Download tool.  I was having success with preliminary testing with Postman, but Alteryx would not upload files. 

I had to sniff the traffic and decode the HTTPS, but after that I could see that Alteryx was adding the header "Transfer-Encoding:chunked" silently in the background.  This made the Azure server reply that I was missing the x-ms-original-content-length mandatory header.

The solution to this was to include my own Transfer-Encoding header set to the empty string.  With that, the silent header was over-ridden, and the file uploaded successfully.

I thought I should share this because I am probably not the only person having difficulties, if Alteryx is adding headers in the background for PUT file uploads.

1 REPLY 1
meghak1590
7 - Meteor

Can you please share the download tool configuration done for this...

also can you  please also illustrate on file downloading from Blob storage.

Thanks

Labels