Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Association Analysis Plot Reporting

hajeong
7 - Meteor

Hi, I am having an issue on reporting the scatterplot from association analysis tool. I would like to report out this plot with other results from predictive tools, but it is not shown on the final report(only this association scatter plot cannot be found). Does anyone have a idea? 

Thank you in advance. 

hajeong_0-1637547529134.png

5 REPLIES 5
csclark
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi Hajeong,

Could you share what sort of output format your final report is in? E.g. XSLX, Powerpoint, HTML or outputting the chart to server etc. Additionally are you looking for this to be interactive whereby the user can select which plot to view, or just to generate one scatter plot (trans and gears in your example?

Cheers,

Chris

hajeong
7 - Meteor

Hi Chris,

I would like to put my final report in PDF or Word format. I just want to share the correlation matrix ONLY. Sorry for not writing clearly!

Best,

Hannah 

csclark
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi Hannah,

Thanks for the clarification. Would I be right in assuming you would not be looking to export just the static image of the correlation matrix?

The correlation matrix generated by the Association Analysis tool is created through a combination of R code, HTML script as well as our Report Text tool which is configured to treat the text as raw PCXML. As a concequence of this, the correlation matrix can only be fully interactive in a document format or software which supports this interactivity. As of now exporting the interactive matrix, as is, to a PDF or Word doc format isn't currently supported. If you're interested, you can see the underlying tools and code which make up the Association Analysis tool (macro) by right clicking on the tool and selecting 'Open Macro'.

However Alteryx does support output to a PCXML or HTML format via the Render tool in the reporting category. Both of these document formats allow the export of the interactive matrix (see below). Whilst this would be mean potentially changing the format of your current reporting, you can create some professionally structured and robust reports via our other Reporting tools, such as Layout, Table and Image to recreate your report outside of the PDF or Word format.

csclark_1-1637688331141.png

The output could then be accessed via a brower to produce something like the below, a fully interactive correlation matrix.

csclark_2-1637688444981.png

If this is something of interest, you can find more information on Rendering HTML reports via this community article.

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Discussions/HTML-Render-Output-Option/td-p/519775

And how to structure them to make awesome looking reports, here.

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Knowledge-Base/Arrange-Reporting-Objects/ta-p/2604...

Best,

Chris

hajeong
7 - Meteor

Hi Chris,

Thank you for the information! This helps me a lot 🙂

csclark
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi Hannah,

No problem, hopefully this information was useful for you 🙂

If I could ask a favour, please accept the previous response as a solution. This helps out our community looking into similar topics navigate and find answers quickly!

csclark_0-1637748622152.png

Best,

Chris

Labels