Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Append Suffix Output Filename + Preserve Formatting

bakaidora
8 - Asteroid

Hello,

I would like to save my workflow into Excel where the Excel name contains the date of today. It works for me based on the attached screenshot.

bakaidora_0-1616682401176.png

However, my additional request would be to preserve the formatting. It also works, if I overwrite an existing file but did not work in this case when I always save my workflow with a different name (because it is daily running and adding actual date to the file name).

Is there any solution with I can solve both issue: 1. Actual date in the file name and 2. preserve formatting?

Thanks for your help.

Dóra

2 REPLIES 2
Luke_C
17 - Castor

Hi @bakaidora 

When I have this situation I've found success in maintaining a blank 'template' file with the formatting I want, and then having the workflow copy that template, output to it, and rename it. I use the run-command tools to do this. Check out my response on the below thread that has an example of how to do this. 

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Discussions/Clearing-Data-in-Template-before-Overw...

bakaidora
8 - Asteroid

Thank you very much, this is a perfect solution for my issue. I marked your answer as a solution.

Labels