community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alteryx designer Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer.
#SANTALYTICS

Gather all 9 clues to complete the final Weekly Challenge on Dec 16!

Learn More

Alteryx app connecting to SharePoint shared document directory for browse

Alteryx Partner

Hello ,

Need a quick help on one ask in Alteryx. I have a file which is hosted on Share-point. I am using files hosted on SharePoint shared directory as inputs for Alteryx workflows. My ask is, I want to create an app out of this where the user has the file browse functionality which directs him/her to the SharePoint shared directory (which is a URL) as a pop-up window.

Is it something doable. Searched net but nothing concrete getting out of it.

Alteryx
Alteryx

We are getting around this by syncing a OneDrive folder with our server.  That means files/folders uploaded into Sharepoint/OneDrive are available to regular Alteryx tools. We also have that same OneDrive folder synced with our individual machines.  The local path is different, but we have a user defined constant that lets us quickly change the workflow based on where it's being run.

acom.JPG

Regards,
Stephen Ruhl
Customer Support Engineer

Alteryx Partner

@Sruhl: Thanks for the advice! I am wondering, if you create an app out of this, do you get the normal windows directory interface pop-up to select the file in OneDrive?

Alteryx
Alteryx

Yes, once the drive is synced, the files are actually added to your local computer/server when they are added to OneDrive, so they truly are local files.  Another advantage of this, it that you don't get network lag on the file read.

Regards,
Stephen Ruhl
Customer Support Engineer

Labels