community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alteryx designer Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer.
#SANTALYTICS

The highly anticipated Alteryx Community tradition is back! We hope you'll join us!

Learn More

Alteryx Encryption - Workflows

Atom

Hi Alteryx Community,

1. Is it possible to make the Alteryx file read only? I have seen the option that you will have to do so in the windows permissioning in properties, but no furthermore instructions I could find.
  2. Is it possible to encrypt all tools? 
  3. Is it possible to encrypt the file to only allow certain users to use it, if so how? I tried encrypting the workflow through the options tool bar, but it tells me to input 'serial numbers' of users. What are the serial numbers of the users? I have read online that it is the e-mail address associated with the license key, but when I inputted my own e-mail used to register I couldn't open the encrypted file.
Alteryx Certified Partner
Alteryx Certified Partner

Hello @annie ,

When encrypting a workflow, the serial numbers are usually the email accounts associated to each license.

On 'Help' -> 'About' you can see there the serial number associated to each license.

Remember to add one mail per line:

steveRogers@avengers.com

doctorStrange@avengers.com

etc.

I don't it this is what you are looking for. Hope it helps :)

Cheers

Atom

Hello,

THanks for the response!

Unfortunately I do not have a serial number that I can see. My company revoked admin access for all the users... So i do not know if we are able to encrypt workflows now.

Labels