Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Adaptive split string

GoldenDesign04
8 - Asteroid

I have a data set that is used to update a CRM type tool. The requirements on this data update are sketchy and frankly weird. I'm hoping a meeting with them can shed light into this process and prevent me from having to entertain such a potential issue as I present to you now. 

The data is an extract of website urls seen below:

URL

www.moodyradio.org/indiana
wbkwradio.com
www.973joefm.com
www.wixe.com
mytalk1071.com
www.am1460wixn.com
www.rivercountry1017.com
www.1057thexrocks.com
www.greatesthits981.com

The CRM needs a space separation between all words, including station lettering so the output would look like this:

URL

CRM Load

www.moodyradio.org/indianawww. moody Radio .org/indiana
wbkwradio.comwbkw radio .com
www.973joefm.comwww. 973 joe fm .com
www.wixe.comwww. wixe .com
mytalk1071.commy talk 1071 .com
www.am1460wixn.comwww. am 1460 wixn .com
www.rivercountry1017.comwww. river country 1017 .com
www.1057thexrocks.comwww. 1057 the x rocks .com
www.greatesthits981.comwww. greatest hits 981 .com

Why the data needs to be formatted as such is beyond my knowledge right now. I've used Python to make simple word analysis based on key words in comments sections scrapped from the web but never something this complex.

Any suggestions input on if Alteryx could assist in this process?

1 REPLY 1
Amarendra
10 - Fireball

Hi @GoldenDesign04 

I don't think there is no direct or faster way to solve this. At a glance, my thoughts are to use the python tool and a text analytics package that might help parsing out words from a sentence.

You can then use formula tools to add spaces in between each word or use PIVOTING based on the output from the parser.

Labels