Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

user values

Inactive User
Not applicable

user want to change values for 4 columns but not at the same time. 

For example customer has ABCD columns with values , EF are formula segregated columns....   

If we change the values in the ABCD columns then EF columns will change that is fine. 

All we need is

If user give value to column A then remaining columns BCD should be original data.
If user give value to column AB then remaining columns CD should be original data.
If user give value to column ABC then remaining columns D should be original data.

Or user want to give value to D then remaining ABC should be original data

The original data is available below.....

Please help

3 REPLIES 3
Amol_Telore
11 - Bolide

Hey @Inactive User 

I presume this is what you are expecting. 

Depending upon the user selection, respective values will be changed and will reflect the same in formula. Let me know your inputs. 

Amol_Telore_0-1657722229519.png

FrederikE
13 - Pulsar

Do I understand you correctly that you want to build an app where the user can select one of the options via a button? 

In this case, I would solve this using a List Box option. You could display the Columns A-D in the List Box and let the user choose which are selected. Then use Action Tools in combination with formula Tools to make sure the deselected columns don't contribute to the output. 

Using a user-triggered select might not work, as this might lead to other problems, but rather change the values so that they don't impact the other columns (e.g. Values of 0 for + or - and 1 for * or / calculations).

Hope this helps, otherwise please specify your question. 

Inactive User
Not applicable

Yeah thank you so much. checking

Labels