Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

text input cap on 10000 items

jennifer_aulet
7 - Meteor

I am trying to filter some contracts that are over 10000 items, there is a cap on the text input icon, is there any way to surpass this total so I can pull a full range of contracts for analysis?

13 REPLIES 13
simonaubert_bd
13 - Pulsar

Hello @jennifer_aulet  Not sure to understand. Can you show your workflow please?

jennifer_aulet
7 - Meteor

jennifer_aulet_0-1664297544794.png

jennifer_aulet
7 - Meteor

jennifer_aulet_1-1664297615242.png

Emmanuel_G
13 - Pulsar

@jennifer_aulet 

I'm not sure I understand. If you export all of items contract in excel sheet and then import this excel in alteryx for analysis, it doesn't work?

simonaubert_bd
13 - Pulsar

@jennifer_auletWell, ok, it's indeed limited and you can read https://help.alteryx.com/20221/designer/text-input-tool on how to turnaround
However, maybe a text input is not the good tool to use. Where did you find this contract numbers ? I would use a classic input tool with a file (excel, csv or whatever)/table in a base instead.

jennifer_aulet
7 - Meteor

I can get the workflow to work, but it does not seem to pick up all the data for the open item id in the filter. the amount pulled seems too small considering the number of open items in the selection.  I have 124026 items in the selection

jennifer_aulet
7 - Meteor

@simonaubert_bd i have the items I wanted filtered saved as a CSV file and that seems to pull in but it is limited on the 10000 item cap. I just cannot seem to find a way to manually add the items I would like to filter w/o the workflow crashing.

simonaubert_bd
13 - Pulsar

@jennifer_auletWhy don't you plug your workflow on the csv (with an input tool) instead of copy/paste the value on the text input tool? :)

jennifer_aulet
7 - Meteor

@simonaubert_bd yes, I did this with a CSV import to the text input, would it still pull all the lines (124000) in the data pull?

Labels