Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

reading Word document (.doc)

raghadaf8
6 - Meteoroid

Hi!

kindly i need your help in reading word documents by alteryx, does anyone know how i can do that? 

6 REPLIES 6
Kurohits
10 - Fireball

Hi @raghadaf8 

Currently in Alteryx there is no such functionality but you have to other way to get Doc file read in Alteryx. you need to convert Doc file into Plain Text File. These file types are not standard data formats, so in order to read them, we must first convert them to a plain text file.  To convert, there is a free, open-source program called DocToText

Let me know if you have any questions. 

Thanks 

Rohit Gupta

raghadaf8
6 - Meteoroid

thanks for replying @Kurohits 

in my company i cant use any open source program.

grazitti_sapna
17 - Castor

@raghadaf8, can you share a sample doc file that you want to read in alteryx?

grazitti_sapna_0-1655795937903.png

You can try this configuration.

Thanks!

Sapna Gupta
TCole
6 - Meteoroid

Hi,

I was wondering if you were able to find a solution for this.

Hello everyone. My name is Krzysztof Nowicki, and i represent the Doctotext product producer, that is Silvercoders LTD company. We operate under new name - DocWire.  The product is available as under opensource GPL license, BUT it is also available with commercial license for commercial use. We provide the product as an open code and all 3rd party components via vckpg. It is already much more sophisticated than the version mentioned on Alteryx knowledge base, and we are currently working  on newe release with many interesting features. So pelase check our website docwire,io , our github https://github.com/docwire/docwire and ask any questions. 

Qiu
21 - Polaris
21 - Polaris
Labels