Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

python add custom code to startup

patrick_digan
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

How can I customize the code that appears when I drop a new python tool onto the canvas? I found the startup directory (%USERPROFILE%\.ipython\profile_default\startup) and can add code in the background successfully. However, my workflow then wouldn't work on somebody's else's machine who isn't also loading those libraries via a startup command; instead, I would like to add items to the startup on the screen (ie not in the background). So after importing the Alteryx library in the picture below, I want to import pandas (without having to type it in every time). What file can I adjust to make that happen by default?

Capture.PNG

2 REPLIES 2
Claje
14 - Magnetar

Hi,

I didn't look up where this goes in the user/non-admin install (although i assume its the same basic directory), but you can modify this from the Alteryx install folder in the .\bin\htmlplugins\jupytercode\ directory.

There's a file there called "initWorkbook.ipynb", which includes the starting workbook code.  I only did a small amount of testing, but I was able to tweak the initial config of

"from ayx import Alteryx\n\n"

to

"from ayx import Alteryx\nimport pandas\n\n" and it appeared correctly in Alteryx when I initialized a new Python tool.

patrick_digan
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

@Claje that's perfect thanks!

Labels