Important Community update: The process for changing your account details was updated on June 25th. Learn how this impacts your Community experience and the actions we suggest you take to secure your account here.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

<<<XML Parse Tool with nested XML structure>>>

tamluenwai
7 - Meteor

I want to perform a XML parsing, and I would like to know each element they are under which parent element. The XML file contains 3 different childs "form", "submit", "data" under the parent element"submission".

Expected output

NameValueParent Name
formidABC0123form
captchaMethodAA_Helloform
trnidAA012363QPS2RTVSsubmit
clientWhatsapp21234567data

But I got some limitation of my workflow:

Firstly,the file format must be "Extensible Markup Language (*.xml)", instead of "Comma Separated Value (*.csv) in input tool configuration. Here's the screenshot of input tool configuration and the output result of after executing the input tool.

tamluenwai_0-1709659451321.png

Secondly, I have dragged a "XML Parse" tool after the "Input tool", and the configuration and output as follow:

tamluenwai_1-1709659451457.png

Based on this 2 limitation, i would like to know how to perform the XML parsing to obtain the desire output result as above shown in the table?

0 REPLIES 0
Labels