Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

how to output table with no data on a tab in excel?

Mond
8 - Asteroid

i'm having some serious frustration figuring out how to output a table if it has null values on a static workbook tab. for example, my workflow takes a few tables and combines them as tabs on one workbook. that works fine when i have data in the tables. however, as soon as i have a table with no data my output breaks down because the tabs are not output in the same order and my naming gets all messed up. 

i looked around and tried using count tool to force records to exist, but this only works if i have less than 17 records in the source. i don't want the opposite case where i actually do have lots of data to now be cut off because there's a requirement for less than 17 records... feel like i'm stuck between a rock and hard place. 

i've tried putting count tool on the source path and that seems to work... UNTIL i have no data and it tries to append count to a null row and it fails. Is there a more elegant solution to this? In python this would take me 1 min to solve - i've been digging around for hours trying to find how Alteryx can handle this.

Here's a screenshot of my canvas.

Capture.PNG

1 REPLY 1
Mond
8 - Asteroid

never mind, just figured it out... using a union tool with a filter on the count makes it so it unions only when the count is 0 so i don't deal with the append restriction when i actually have data. 

Mond_0-1678756641890.png

Labels