Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

formula to get data within a time frame

jessy_chow
5 - Atom

jessy_chow_2-1635540231250.png

Hello, 

The excel spreadsheet is what I am hoping to create in Alteryx. I'm looking for a formula that can pull in the Column D if last payment date is still valid. (not sure how to pose what I am looking for.) 

For example, Cell E5, the last payment date is January 2022. So it is valid for Column H (october 2021 - sept 2022). or Cell E8, the last payment date is Jan 2023, so it is valid for Column H, Column I but not valid for column J. 

Hope that makes sense! 

Pleas help! 

3 REPLIES 3
Tony_Castillo
9 - Comet

Tough to give a solution in one go without seeing the raw data under the pivot table. If you don't have a specific payment day and are relying only on month and year, then you may need to setup a reference column that uses DateTimeMonth([payment date]) and DateTimeYear([payment date]). Once this is identified for each record, then you can use the Summarize-> Group By [new reference field]  and Summarize-> Sum [Monthly Annual Rate]

jessy_chow
5 - Atom

Once I summarize, how do I pull in the data into their respective columns?

jessy_chow
5 - Atom

Once I summarize, how do I pull in the data to the respective columns? 

jessy_chow_0-1635546272289.png

That's the output in Alteryx in my workflow. So I would like to summary the data into the columns shown below per the examples provided in the discussion. Hope that makes sense. Thanks!! 

jessy_chow_1-1635546339249.png

Labels