Alert: There is a planned Community maintenance outage October 16th from approximately 10 - 11 PM PST. During this time the Alteryx Community will be inaccessible. Thank you for your understanding!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

dynamic input to read zip xlsm files

Domo
7 - Meteor

Hello all,

I'm trying to get atleryx to dynamic input multiple zipped files that contains xlsm files. I'm using the directory tool to bring back the file names and they files all the same format. I've done this before for zipped csv files and it worked successfully, but I get an error when I perform the same requirements for xlsm.

I get the error "Unable to open archive:"

Maybe I'm setting it up wrong. If it's possible, can anyone tell me how to set it up?

Thanks. 

7 REPLIES 7
grazitti_sapna
17 - Castor

Hi @Domo , Please try out the below link and let me know if it was useful to you.

https://help.alteryx.com/11.7/DataSources/ZipFiles.htm

If your problem is not resolved. Can you please share the files which you are trying to read in Alteryx. I can try out the workflow from my end.

Sapna Gupta
Domo
7 - Meteor

Hi Sapna, Thanks. Attached is a test zipped xlsm file. There will be a number of these type of files in a folder, so I'll need to directory input to find the files and a dynamic input to read them.

flying008
14 - Magnetar

Hi,@Domo 

Maybe you can use the macro [made by Felipe Alex Ribeiro ] in gallery for get your want:

录制_2022_10_18_08_16_04_725.gif

If it can help you, please mark it as a solution and give a like for more share.

Domo
7 - Meteor

Hi Flying008, do you have the link. I couldn't find it on the gallery

flying008
14 - Magnetar

Hi, @Domo 

FYI. Download Link: 

Domo
7 - Meteor

Thanks. This is macro brings back the file details which I can already capture. I need the dynamic input tool to read zipped xlsm files.

flying008
14 - Magnetar

Hi, @Domo 

Yep, you need use 3rd tool unzip to get the .xlsm files to location first.

Labels