Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

dependency on macros

amandacastro
7 - Meteor

After reading this, https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Discussions/Updating-workflow-dependencies-has-not...

I have the following question - if by changing # of inputs on a macro, what must occur for the changes to also appear on other workflows that depend on the macro?

Is it enough to save the macro, or should the macro be saved and closed then re-opened? I am trying to understand the procedure. Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
grazitti_sapna
17 - Castor

Hi @amandacastro,

After the changing the number of inputs to your macro, once you save your macro you will also have to make changes to the workflows that are dependent on the macro. Since you have changed the no. of inputs, now your macro will have to be fed those additional inputs from the workflow(if additional inputs are to be taken from some column).

For example:

grazitti_sapna_0-1607929893692.png

In the screenshot above I am feeding only 1 value to my macro from my workflow which is LastModifiedDate, if I add another input to my macro, I will also have to configure that through my workflow.

I hope it helps.

Sapna Gupta
amandacastro
7 - Meteor

Ok, I'll check it out!

Labels