Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

collapse radio button with containers not working.

Ahjaz
5 - Atom

Hi,

With reference to the uploaded image, when nested radio button, the second container is not disabled and executed based on first question set. Any idea how to configure nested radio button, to prevent all high level radio buttons from executing?

1 REPLY 1
AngelosPachis
16 - Nebula

Hi @Ahjaz ,

Unfortunately you have not uploaded an image which we could reference, so probably you could provide that as an extra help.

It's not clear to me what you want to achieve, but I think you want to deactivate one container with a radio button, whilst simultaneously activating the other container. To do that, you "can" use a radio button tool but the tool you have used is a control parameter (so something used for batch macros)

Untitled.png

The radio button looks totally different

AngelosPachis_2-1610647866046.png

but to achieve what I believe you are after, it's better to use a Check Box. So assuming that I have understood your request correctly, you want when the checkbox is checked to only keep the Advanced container enabled. If the check box is unchecked, activate only the Basic container

Screenshot 2021-01-14 181829.jpg

Is this what you are after?

checkbox.gif

If yes, let me know if you have any questions in the workflow. Hope that helps.

Cheers,

Angelos

Labels