Alert: There is a planned Community maintenance outage October 16th from approximately 10 - 11 PM PST. During this time the Alteryx Community will be inaccessible. Thank you for your understanding!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Workflow only errors when scheduled.

alalko
6 - Meteoroid

Hello,

I get these weird errors when i have my workflow scheduled but when i run manually it's fine. I will get "Unable to translate alias" for all of my inputs when i look at the scheduler "error outputs" and then when i go into workflow dependencies and test them i get this "Format of the initialization string does not conform to specification starting at index 0."

any ideas?!

4 REPLIES 4
mceleavey
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @alalko ,

When you are running it manually you're running it locally from your machine, but I assume when scheduled you're running it on the server?

If so, your connection strings when running from the server can't translate the alias of the server location, and so the server name on the connection string may need to be replaced with the IP address.

You can test this by trying to reach the alias of the server of the data source from your Alteryx server. If that fails, try to ping the IP.

Hope this helps,

M.

Bulien

alalko
6 - Meteoroid

Hi,

Actually it is scheduled to run on a desktop that is always on. I've been doing it this way for years. Recently I've changed the alias but it still works just fine when i run it manually.

-Austin

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @alalko 

Scheduler might need you to set complete absolute path for the resources(inputs/macros). Orelse it might fail to get the resources(inputs/macros) and fail. Since you are saying recently you changed the alias and then its failing, you might want to revisit the path set in workflow dependencies and change/edit them to absolute path. By clicking on edit you can again set the path and check.

alalko
6 - Meteoroid

This solved it! Thank you very much

Labels