Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Weekly Scheduling Bug

nickdreach
8 - Asteroid

(edit link posted below - looks like a known problem)

I have a workflow that would like to run each Monday only.  So via the Gallery I create a schedule, select Recurring, then 'Weekly' from the Frequency drop down.  I add some notes, give it a name, specify a time etc then Save.  However, what actually happens is that the workflow runs every single day of the week.  If I edit the schedule, sure enough all seven days of the week are selected.  I can unselect the days I don't want, Save, but if I edit it again - they are all selected.

I know I can use a Macro to control when the workflows actually run, but if possible I would like the scheduler to do its job 😀

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Server-Knowledge-Base/GCSE-1077-Editing-a-Schedule-Changes-...

5 REPLIES 5
nickdreach
8 - Asteroid

The 'known issue' article I linked to states:
'GCSE-1077/TCPE-553 has been logged to address this.'

I am quite new to Alteryx - how do you find out the progress of GCSE-1077/TCPE-553?

nickdreach
8 - Asteroid

Bump:

How do you find out the status of a ticket that has been raised to fix a known bug - GCSE-1077/TCPE-553 in my case?

SeanAdams
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hey @nickdreach ,

With situations like this - I've found that the best way to work them is to capture them in a way that is fully replicatable - and then ship this off to support@alteryx.com - they will then give you a case number which would better allow you to track (especially if you're with a large client of Alteryx, and can work with your customer success manager to see progress in the case portal).

nickdreach
8 - Asteroid

Thanks Sean , Alteryx Support confirmed the bug is fixed in 2023.1 

Sadly the release notes don't reference 'GCSE-1077/TCPE-553' otherwise I could have found this out for myself!

SeanAdams
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

You make a great point @nickdreach - including all bugs solved in release notes is a very practical suggestion.

Give yourself a solve for this one, since genuinely you did find the solution!

Have a good weekend

S

Labels