Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

WF to query a material from Excel into SAP and retrieve/transform data

xadamasx
6 - Meteoroid

Hello community!

I have a use case where we need to read a material number off of an Excel sheet and have Alteryx then query and pull back MARA and MARC table data back into the workflow. I assumed this would be fairly straightforward with the SAP table tool, but as a newbie I am struggling to understand how that could work and I'm also struggling to find many examples or tutorials on how to make something like this work. I've scoured the forums and youtube and nothing seems to address this specifically. I don't have an example workflow to share since this is quite literally the first node that would be built. But I've attached a screenshot of the excel file template

If anyone can point to any resources or have an example WF I can mimic for a similar use case, that would be amazing. 

Thanks!

10 REPLIES 10
geraldo
13 - Pulsar

@xadamasx 

With SAP I only made consulats via API REST developed endpoint in SAP

apathetichell
18 - Pollux

@geraldo  @xadamasx is using the DVW SAP Table tool. @xadamasx you must supply fields which match every field that the Table tool is expecting in the Dynamic Input toggle. Create new fieldnames with information to match them. In your case it is telling you that Selection is empty. Without a value the SAP tool does not know if you are wishing to include or exclude based upon your high/low key.

xadamasx
6 - Meteoroid

@apathetichell thank you for that! The knowledge gap right now is even basic formatting of that file that I'm supplying to the table tool. I'm not super clear on what my reference file would need to be formatted like in order for it to be read correctly by the tool. Any guidance or examples you can supply that would be a template to follow for building this? I'm learning from scratch and just need resources like examples to follow. This one was just more of a head scratcher. 

apathetichell
18 - Pollux

every dropdown in your second screenshot should be mapped to a column. You can see potential values there in the dropdown.

apathetichell
18 - Pollux

formula tool: column: Operator

"EQ"

column Selection

"I"

column: Split

"False"

xadamasx
6 - Meteoroid

Thank you, that formula tool was a godsend. I've started mapping it like that and am making progress, but having trouble with the final mapping. 

Which one of those criteria would the "Reference Material" field map to then to actually tell the tool to look for this specific MATNR in MARA table?

Attached a SS of what I have mapped so far. 

xadamasx_0-1686775140076.png

xadamasx
6 - Meteoroid

xadamasx_0-1686775209920.png

apathetichell
18 - Pollux

I currently don't have access to DVW - but you want to map the internal SAP identifier of the fieldname under a column called Name.

you can find this out in the bottom quadrant of the Table tool - if you can't readily find it - share a screen grab of your table tool configuration and I can walk you through it.

xadamasx
6 - Meteoroid

Currently I have the "reference material" column on my sheet that contains the material number. 

xadamasx_0-1686833732079.png

And it's successfully pulling back records, but not that specific material and it's throwing an error that reads as a foreign language to me. 

xadamasx_1-1686833791353.png

Labels