Alert: There is a planned Community maintenance outage October 16th from approximately 10 - 11 PM PST. During this time the Alteryx Community will be inaccessible. Thank you for your understanding!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Validation message in Text Box

RichardAlt
8 - Asteroid

Hi Guys,

I'm creating a workflow with a validation message.

I have a Text Box Tool in my workflow, I need to insert validation when the user type string and the value in Text Box is greater than 5.

RichardAlt_0-1600748492306.png

I've tried the Error Message Tool but it is not working for me. I've also tried the function CountWords(string) and it didn't work also. Thank you!

6 REPLIES 6
grazitti_sapna
17 - Castor

Hi @RichardAlt , try this it is working for me.

Length of string greater than 5.

grazitti_sapna_0-1600750537186.png

Length of string less than 5

grazitti_sapna_1-1600750574935.png

I hope this helps.

Thanks.

Sapna Gupta
RichardAlt
8 - Asteroid

Hi @grazitti_sapna , It is working thanks!

But I've to insert another error message because I need validation when the user inputs non-numeric characters.

RichardAlt_0-1600754717838.png

When I input more than 5 non-numeric characters the error message is something like this,

The error message in text length joined with the error message in non-numeric.

Is it possible to separate the error messages? Thanks!

grazitti_sapna
17 - Castor

@RichardAlt , will it be possible for you to share your sample workflow in order to replicate and work on the issue you are facing?

Thanks.

Sapna Gupta
RichardAlt
8 - Asteroid

@grazitti_sapna  Sure!

grazitti_sapna
17 - Castor

@RichardAlt , thanks for sharing the workflow as per my understanding this is happening as both the conditions are being fulfilled, please refer to the screenshot.

grazitti_sapna_0-1600759774011.png

if you just try to validate one of the cases it will work fine else it will display both the errors, as above.

Thanks.

Sapna Gupta
RichardAlt
8 - Asteroid

Yup, Thanks!

I think it is not possible to separate the error message.

Labels