Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

VLOOKUP Function with IF Condition in Alteryx

Vikas27
7 - Meteor

Hi Friends

I'm newbie to Alteryx. I'm struck to a VLOOPUP Function in Alteryx. I tried using Find & Replace and Join Function but it didn't worked. So, to start with I have 2 data sets which I want to marry up to get the new data in new tab created in file 1.

In excel i can simply use the condition IF(Strategy=",", VLOOKUP(Ticker, File 2!A:B,2,FALSE),Strategy)). 

But how to use the same feature in Alteryx. I tried marrying both files with Find & Replace tool i was able to amend Ticker data in File 1 and replace with Strategy data of File 2. But faced 2 problems -

1) Where i see blank in excel my IF condition pick strategy from File 1. 

2) I was not able to create new column in File 1 to apply the VLOOKUP. It was applied to existing columns. 

File 1 

TickerStrategy
PNL TICKER: PNL ENTITY: Collateral FundingCollateral Funding
PNL Ticker: Reserves 
PNL Ticker: Brokerage 
 Options

File 2

TickerStrategy
NOTAPPLICABLEVMASTER
CDXHY2206/19V4HY22
CDXHY2312/19V3HY23
NOTAPPLICABLEVMASTER
CDXHY2206/19V4HY22

Can someone please help me with the flow? 

Best Regards

Vikas

11 REPLIES 11
Vikas27
7 - Meteor

@AlexSTeryx  Morning Alex, I used your initial WF where we used Find & Replace tool and did append to select new column. It worked however there were some null data which I filled by doing the mapping. Thanks for all your help ! Much appreciated. 

Next I’m going to test the cross tab as I need to create pivot on my data set. Let’s see if I can build out something out myself. 

AlexSTeryx
8 - Asteroid

Good Morning @Vikas27 , 

thanks for accepting my suggestion as solution! Happy, I could help you :-). 
Good luck with the cross tap! Keep posting in case you struggle ;-)
Best

Alex

Labels