Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Using single statement to create multiple fields

dralban
7 - Meteor

I have a file that for each Year and Month and part number has three values - Revenue, Margin, and Quantity.

YearMonthPart_No Revenue  Margin  Quantity 
20191ABC   9,027,305    1,235,421          9,704

I need to take this and transform it into a list that shows, for each part number, 72 properly named columns. Here is an example:

PART_NO, PYJANR, PYJANM, PYJANQ, PYFEBR, ...

PYJANR means Prior Year, January, Revenue. I need to create the same for each month of prior year, current year, and all for revenue, margin and quantity.

It is currently in SAS in a large IF statement that creates multiple fields and assigns them values. Is there a way for me to do something similar in Alteryx, or do I need to create 72 separate variables in Formula tool.

2 REPLIES 2
AngelosPachis
16 - Nebula

Hi @dralban ,

I've created a workflow that answers your question. Essentially it's just a matter of cross tabing / transposing your data and the rest of the workflow (inside the comment box) is just to generate the data to work with.

Screenshot 2020-12-03 195330.jpg

So for each Part No, you would now have 73 fields (3 categories x 12 months x PY or CY = 72 + Part No = 73).

Hope that helps.

Regards,

Angelos

dralban
7 - Meteor

Thank you, this is perfect!

Labels