Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

User Input

snehaasarah
5 - Atom

Hi,

I need help with building a workflow where the user can input data in the workflow itself. Is that a possibility?

for example, (if the below data comes as a result of a summarize tool from a larger data set), I need to add a column "Categories" with a drop down select options of "Vegetables", "Fruits" or "Elements" which can be done by the user on the Canvas. Alternatively, instead of drop down, it is okay to manually input as well, although this also should happen without the need to download/upload file. 

Can someone help?

ITEMPRICE
water16
carrot15
blueberry12
apple8
onion13
fire6
air17

Regards,

Sara

2 REPLIES 2
mceleavey
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @snehaasarah ,

Given we don't know how many there will be it would be difficult to do this in a slick way within the workflow. You could build a chained app which would then allow you to select a dropdown beside each one, but without getting into the weeds of amending the XML, you would need to set the maximum number of records in that app.

One way to do this would be to push the data to a SharePoint list, which Alteryx will monitor. Then, the users will get an alert with a link to that list. They then select from a dropdown for each record and Alteryx will then mark it as complete and remove it from the list.

I hope this helps,

M.

Bulien

Christina_H
14 - Magnetar

Check this thread for a possible solution:

Solved: Iterative App? - Alteryx Community

Labels