Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Updating the existing workflow with new data every month

sriniprad08
11 - Bolide

Hi Team,

I need help.

I have three months of dataset in the sql server. I connect to sql server  and i create a new column for the calculated average of all the three months by Place in the alteryx workflow. Please find below the sample data

sriniprad08_0-1632819669412.png

Now the problem is i will be getting the new data every month and i need to append to this data and calculate the average. I dont want to manually import new data every month and run the workflow.

Please let me know if any automated flow is avaliable,

Thanks,

Sri

9 REPLIES 9
Ladarthure
14 - Magnetar
14 - Magnetar

Hi @sriniprad08,

the solution would be to my mind to use a transpose tool and then calculate the average. In the end, you can also use a cross tab if you want a specific format or even use a join to join the new averages calculated with a summarize.

messi007
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

@sriniprad08,

Could you share a sample data? It will help us to give you the solution.

Regards,

sriniprad08
11 - Bolide

Hi @messi007 

Please find attached the data and the intended output. Every month new data will be uploaded.

Need to calculate the average by place by month.

output

sriniprad08_0-1632824320189.png

thanks for the help

sriniprad08
11 - Bolide

Thank you @Ladarthure 

Ladarthure
14 - Magnetar
14 - Magnetar

I did a sample using your screenshot!

sriniprad08
11 - Bolide

Thank you very much @Ladarthure  helpful. However i have question suppose every month new excel data is uploaded how to append that to the existing master file and add a date column to make sure it correctly map the place.?

Ladarthure
14 - Magnetar
14 - Magnetar

Yes, you can try and replace the text input I did with an excel file, add 2 columns an it will work as intended. The trick is in the use of the *Unknown field in the Transpose tool and a record Id for regrouping the data all together!

sriniprad08
11 - Bolide

@Ladarthure something simliar to the below format output please. I need to create a new month and year column

sriniprad08_0-1632825306915.png

messi007
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

@sriniprad08,

Please see below how you can do it 

messi007_0-1632825370172.png

Attached the worklfow,

Regards,

Labels