Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Update value (Using Action tool) from result of formula tool

AudieCruz
7 - Meteor

I have a small part of the workflow that returns a list of projects. The result is formatted as a IN statement for SQL ('123456','234567'). 

Action Tool Workflow 1.PNG

 I want to user that as a source to update a second SQL input. Meaning "A.Field = ('789456'), and I would update ('789456') with the result of the first part. 

Action Tool Workflow.PNG

I can technically do it by formatting it in such a way that I can interface using the dropdown tool, but I don't want to have a prompt on the app. I just want to have it updated directly. 

Hopefully this is enough information to have an answer. Let me know if further detail is needed. 

3 REPLIES 3
LukeM

Hi @AudieCruz 

This sounds like a job for the Dynamic Input tool.

Have a look at configuring it to update the where clause with your list of IDs.

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Knowledge-Base/Tool-Mastery-Dynamic-Input/ta-p/249...

Hope this helps!

Luke

AudieCruz
7 - Meteor

@LukeM Thank you. I'm looking into it, and I believe it should solve my issue. Once I validate, I'll mark it as solved. 

Thank you again. 

Edit: I validated the results and they match. Thank you for the help. Marked as solved. 

LukeM

No problem @AudieCruz - happy to help! 

Labels