Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Update the File Path in Output Using a Cell Value

JessicaXChung
5 - Atom

I'm currently looking to use the Output tool to output a list of values into a range in a Microsoft Excel file. Right now I've been able to specify a range in an excel file using the file path in the text box but I need to be able to do this for different file paths based on a list that I will bring in from an Excel file. My two inputs will include 1 list of values grouped into different sets and 1 list of sets and their file paths. 

Essentially I'd like to drop a Constant into the file path text bar however the Constant needs to change for each set of values based on the file paths from the second input. I've attached a sample workflow of what the two inputs look like. Would anyone know how to do this?

This will eventually be incorporated into a macro to cycle through each set of values however I'm having a hard time understanding how to pass this kind of input into a batch macro as well.

JessicaXChung_0-1662612106889.png

2 REPLIES 2
Qiu
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@JessicaXChung 
We use the option to have the full file path in the output as ne;pw
BUT there is a limitation causing your intention may not be completed.
When we use range to output result, say you are spcifying C3: D15, the result is actually from C1:D15 and C1:C2 will be blank in Excel.
therefore, only the last iteration will be left in Excel output, and others will be overwritten.

JessicaXChung
5 - Atom

Yes that's right my best case scenario is to use the ne;pw range in the filepath to write a dataset to a range. However is there a way for me to give the Output tool a range specified from another dataset? I've previously set up two constants with the first cell and last cell but now need to change the constants each time I write to a range for a new set of values

Labels