Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Union all .csv files residing in a folder without using 'x' number of Input Tools ??

Archaeopteryx
10 - Fireball

Hi,

I use workflows that run APIs against data that can return a widely varied number of file downloads. I've produced as many as 29 files, all .csv. I would like to direct a tool or macro to that directory that will union all the .csv files into one .csv file regardless of how many - - just union all that are in the directory. 

Is this possible to do without having to use 'x' number of Input tools per each file? 

Thank you,

Chris

3 REPLIES 3
afv2688
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Hello @Archaeopteryx ,

If all the files have the same format, same file extension and same amount of columns you could use a simple input tool:

Filepath\*.csv

By using the asterisk the input tool will take all the files that are in the same folder

If there are more files but there is something in common between the 29 you have you can also type what they have in common, for example, they all end with the word "download", you could also write:

Filepath\*download.csv

If you have any doubts let me know

Regards

JagdeeshN
12 - Quasar
12 - Quasar

@Archaeopteryx 

If all the CSV's have the same format, you can possibly design a batch macro to read the files one at a time. The output from the Batch macro would automatically come union which can then be outputted to another CSV.

Best,

Jagdeesh Narayanan

Archaeopteryx
10 - Fireball

Solution is excellent.Thank you.

Labels