Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Unable to use Render Tool in WF (error message: 'An Unhandled Exception occurred'

asiek
メテオロイド

Hi, I am unable to use a render tool in my workflow.

Please see attached file with error message received when I try to use it in my WF or open an example. 

Can you please advice?

Thanks,

Anna

9件の返信9
IraWatt
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hey @asiek,

Would you be able to provide a sample workflow or data? Why are you using a summarize tool before the Render Tool? 

Emmanuel_G
パルサー

Hi @asiek ,

To properly use the rendering tools, the elements that come as the anchor input of the rendering tool must come from other reporting tools.

So be of type Text with report text, interactive graph or report card for example. So using the data from the summarize tool,

I don't think that will solve the problem. But can you tell us what you want to do overall and provide us with data and a workflow?

asiek
メテオロイド

Here is my Alteryx WF

- when I try to add the render tool I am getting the error message 'An Unhandled Exception occurred'

Kindly advice.

Thanks!

Emmanuel_G
パルサー

@asiek  Can you please provide sample of Test to WF2 file please ?

asiek
メテオロイド

@Emmanuel_G Here is a sample of the test to WF2 file

Emmanuel_G
パルサー

@asiek ,

If you want to make a horizontal combination of tables, it is better to use the Layout tool which, thanks to its configuration in the workflow that you will find attached, does it perfectly.

This tool generates a Layout object which is well supported by the render tool.

Emmanuel_G_0-1658415155730.png

asiek
メテオロイド

@Emmanuel_G Unfortunately proposed change didn't fix my problem. Same error message pop-up on my screen when I try to run the WF, please see attached.

Emmanuel_G
パルサー

Weird...This bug often happens to me when I deactivate containers. I don't think it's related to the renderer or layout. @asiek 

asiek
メテオロイド

Can you please advice how can we fix this problem?

Thanks!

ラベル