Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Unable to Re-Open A Workflow Containing a SharePoint Files Input Tool

JonathanAllenby
8 - Asteroid

[Unofficial KB]

Issue

After saving a workflow using a SharePoint Files Input tool, you may find that you are unable to re-open the workflow.

The mouse indicator spins indicating it is trying, however the program never finishes responding.

Environment Details

Observed in:

• Alteryx Designer 2022.1.1.42636
  • SharePoint Files Input 2.4.0

Cause

There is a Data Cleansing tool also contained in the workflow and the "Enable Dry Run" option in the SharePoint Files Input tool has not been ticked.

This has been logged as a defect (GCSE-1452) as other input tools do not interact with the Data Cleansing tool in the same way regardless of whether they have the 'Enable Dry Run' option selected or not.

Use of DCM may also be a factor here but this is not currently confirmed as of the date this post was published.

JonathanAllenby_4-1686821282918.png

Resolution

In new workflows, ensure the 'Enable Dry Run' option is ticked in the SharePoint Files Input tool configuration before saving.

To recover an existing workflow:

1. Open the workflow in Notepad or Notepad++
  2. Scroll to the end of the <Configuration> section under the SharePoint Input tool
  3. Add this line: 
    • <IsDryRun>true</IsDryRun>
  4. Save the change
  5. Open the workflow in Designer 

JonathanAllenby_6-1686821433137.png

Jon A | The Information Lab UK

2 REPLIES 2
Vijendhar
5 - Atom

Hey, thanks for this tip.

It really helped me recover my workflow.

But although i enabled dry run option , my workflow again loads infinitely. Yes there is a data cleansing tool. Should I need to replace it, will that help in opening the workflow with a lesser time?

Thanks.

JonathanAllenby
8 - Asteroid

Update:

•    TDCE-184: Unable to Open Workflows containing a SharePoint Input tool followed by a Data Cleansing tool
This has been fixed as of the 2.5.0 version of the SharePoint connector. SharePoint Tools 2.6.3 is also now available to download. 
The SharePoint connector can be downloaded from our Alteryx Marketplace. When downloading, please make sure to select the correct edition to download on the Editions tab. This will ensure that you're downloading the version compatible with your Designer/Server version. 
Labels