Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Unable to Configure Report Map Base Layers

kara_mills
7 - Meteor

In the past I have been able to configure the base layers in the Report Map tool for custom maps in my workflows. There used to be the ability to expand the the point/line/polygon layers and then the user could override the layer with whatever color or style was needed or disable the layer altogether. While creating a workflow yesterday, I discovered that functionality is no longer available (as shown below). I have searched in the settings as well as the community but did not see anything to indicate how I can make those adjustments. I even looked at my older workflows that had those changes and am unable to edit what I had.

report_map_layers.PNG

The beauty of the previous setup was that you could use the base map and do some minor adjusting versus having to pull each map element into the tool and configure for each layer. Is this a part of recent updates to Alteryx? If this was an intentional update, are there recommendations for configuring a few of the layers without having to add each one individually to the tool? I'm hoping to be able to keep as much of my work in workflows versus other software if possible. Thanks!

6 REPLIES 6
trsali
Alteryx
Alteryx

To be able to expand on each layer, you will need multiple streams coming into the Report Map, you can reference this by opening the Report Map example ad look at the "Create a Map with Multiple Data Sources. This example shows the ability to expand on each layer because there are multiple (trade area, and points) incoming data streams in the Report Map. Hope this helps.

trsali_0-1658853308899.png

kara_mills
7 - Meteor

Hi @trsali Yes, I am able to edit the streams I bring in, I'm looking to edit the underlying Base Layers (highlighted in the example below). I've been able to go into those layers in the past and then manually turn off highways, rivers, lakes, etc. so I can better customize my maps instead of just using the default. I'm hoping to understand when/why that changed and if there is a work around that can be used. 

report_map_layers_highlight.PNG

trsali
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @kara_mills Sorry I misinterpreted your initial ask.

To be able to modify the base layers, you must choose a Reference Base Map First, different base maps will allow you to modify different things. Hope this helps

trsali_0-1658958441404.pngtrsali_2-1658958509182.png

kara_mills
7 - Meteor

Hi @trsali Yes, that is what I have as well, which is why it is puzzling me. I did also try selecting other base maps to see if it was isolated to the TomTom maps but it didn't seem to matter. Seeing that you do have the ability to edit those base layers makes me wonder if it is an issue with my version or my install. I did have to do a second install of this version due to another buggy issue...that did seem to be resolved although now I'm seeing this. I'll ping the help desk to see what next steps might be. Thank you for the feedback and helping to validate that something is looking wonky with my tool. I use this tool in majority of my workflows so I'm a bit on the strugglebus! 🙂

kara_mills_0-1658961398290.png 

kara_mills_1-1658961416079.png

EdP
Alteryx
Alteryx

Case 00562132

Ed Phelps
Sr CSE
Alteryx
AmandaCarew
6 - Meteoroid

I'm glad I'm not the only one dealing with this change.  I also consistently modify the base layers for my mapping projects, and since we shifted to the update, I am no longer able to do this.  It's especially important to be able to turn off small bodies of water and parks, and now I can't do that.  Changing to an older version of TomTom Base Maps makes no difference.  Please PLEASE fix this.

Labels